Spread Christmas Cheer Throughout Your Home with Easy Décor
Although Christmas festivities tend to be concentrated in a few central rooms, it doesn’t mean you can’t spread Christmas cheer throughout your whole home! Use strategic décor to add stylish, festive touches this holiday season.
Celebrate Christmas even while you sleep – now that’s embodying Christmas spirit!
- Hang twinkle string lights to add visual warmth.
- Use a heavy comforter in winter colours and a cozy throw blanket. You will be both warm and festive while you snooze.
- Add a mini Christmas tree with mini ornaments – the perfect companion for your morning routine.
- Hang wreaths in the windows to add colour to the blanket of white snow outside.
Often an overlooked room in the home, a little Christmas décor in the bathroom will put you in the spirit while you are taking care of business.
- Swap hand towels for hues of red, green, and plaid.
- Fill a decorative bowl with potpourri and pinecones – it doubles as décor and an air freshener!
- Hang garland around the mirror for an extra festive reflection.
Decorate your staircase to be greeted with Christmas cheer from the moment you walk in.
- Wrap garland around the handrail. Take it up a notch by adding ornaments, bows, lights and stockings.
- Add décor on the first few steps. Think lanterns, presents, candles, nutcrackers, or marquee letters.
Kitchen & Dining Room
The heart of the home, the beloved kitchen, can benefit from simple swaps to go from “everyday” to “Christmas special”.
- Trade your usual dishware and serveware for festive patterns and colours. If you’re not into swapping your dishes, opt for cloth napkins in red or green to dress up your meal.
- Store those delicious Christmas cookies you’re baking in a jolly cookie jar.
- Decorate your tabletop so your guests feast with their eyes before a delicious meal. Consider a table runner, candles, foliage, and fun place cards.
The living room is one of the easiest places to add Christmas cheer, since so much of the festivities are focused in this key room.
- Dress your Christmas tree like its going to the MET Gala – hey, it is only making its appearance once a year!
- Hang stockings above the fireplace as they anxiously wait to be filled.
- Add festive pillows and throw blankets to the couch and armchairs to impart a cozy vibe.
Turning your home into a festive space for you and your loved ones to enjoy makes Christmas time extra special – it comes but once a year!