What do you want in your next home?
This is the thinking stage. Before you buy a house, an essential step is to form a clear idea of what type of property best meets your current and future needs., Some questions to consider:
- Do I plan to start a family while I live in the new house? Will my children be leaving the nest soon?
- Am I going to work from home? Do I need a garage, an office, or a workshop?
- Will I be able to complete any necessary renovations? How will renovation costs factor into my price range?
- Do I want a large plot of land? Do I want space for a pool, shed, or something else?
- It’s important to answer some of these questions in advance – whatever you decide will ultimately guide your home search and prevent you from losing sight of your goal: to buy a house that is the best fit for your needs.